HISTORIC Mooresville BICENTENNIAL 2018
Civil War Event – “Camped on A Stream”
Saturday June 16, 2018
1:30P - 6:00P
$25 Per Person
Check-in begins at 1:00 PM.
(Note: Please plan to arrive and check in by 1:30. Your party will be assigned to a rotation group, and the programs at each rotation will begin promptly at 2:00.)
For the third event in the Bicentennial “Behind the Picket Fence…History Lives” series, guests will experience life during the Civil War as the Town interprets several events that occurred in Mooresville during wartime.
Come experience the same hospitality today as those soldiers did over 150 years ago. Visit inside 2 homes and our 2 historic churches as you enjoy the following presentations of early 1860′s Mooresville.
- A story narrated by Jerry R. Barksdale about events that happened in Mooresville during the Civil War, including an episode involving the Union soldier from Wilder’s Brigade who was caught prowling around the Woodruff house and the subsequent order from Lt. Col. Biggs that this house is protected from search for arms. You will be invited into the house to see this original hand-written document.
- A Reenactment in the Church of Christ of President Garfield’s time when he was a General encamped at Bibb’s Spring with the 20th Brigade of the Army of Ohio as he wrote letters back to his wife and friends.
- Period music by Olde Towne Brass in the Brick Church.
- A rare peak into one of Mooresville’s oldest kitchens.
- A Southern Afternoon Tea Party hosted in one of Historic Mooresville’s homes.
- An encampment of the 19th Alabama Infantry Regiment, C.S.A., Inc. portraying Federal troops.
Reservations: Through PayPal on our web site www.mooresvilleal.com. Click on Bicentennial – Camped on A Stream in the menu at top of page. Or, mail a check to Civil War Event, P.O. Box 17, Mooresville, AL 35649. Send an e-mail address to receive a confirmation. Your PayPal/credit card receipt will be your reservation acknowledgement. No “tickets” will be mailed.
Dress: Casual with comfortable shoes. Walking required. Open buildings are NOT wheelchair accessible.
Parking: Provided in the front of town.
Questions: 256-355-2683 or 256-445-2590